OK, two days in a row, let’s hope I keep this pace up! 🙂 For day two I’m showcasing one of my favourite homemade pizza recipes. It’s quick, easy, healthy and oh so scrumptuous! You can change-up the ingredients to suit your taste, but please give the silken tofu ‘mozzarella’ a try – you will fall in love!
Makes: 1 pizza
- 1 spelt pizza base (I used Biona Organic Spelt Pizza Base)
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme and oregano
- 1/2 pack of mori-nu firm silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- A few squeezes of lemon juice
- 1/2 a green pepper
- 1 mushroom
- 1 tomato
- A few marinated artichokes
- A handful of black olives
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
First, pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. To make the ‘mozzarella’, simply slice you silken tofu very gently into thin pieces and then, using a shot glass, cut out small round moulds and then slice them so you have little half moons.
Never mind the shot glass! It’s from my recent trip to Norway 🙂
Now spread the tomato puree onto your base, using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over the thyme and oregano.
Now lay down your tofu slices and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and garlic powder, then drizzle the lemon juice over them. Now distribute evenly the sliced pepper, mushroom, tomato, artichokes and olives.
Now drizzle over the olive oil, making sure you distribute it over the veggies and tofu. Now place in the pre-heated oven on the top shelf and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes, depending on your base. Just keep an eyes on it. Once it’s out, finish off your masterpiece with fresh basil leaves and freshly cracked pepper! Enjoy!